Sunday, May 16

Recovery week #3 was largely fine. I had to skip the runs on Monday and Tuesday, but I rode my motorcycle to Chicago those days. Not running, but some kind of endurance is required. The rest of the week was fine, and I feel pretty strong. In fact, I was supposed to have a rest day on Wednesday, but since I skipped both Monday and Tuesday, and I had some pretty severe withdrawal symptoms, I wanted to run. So I did a progression run on Wednesday, with splits of 7:11, 7:44, 7:37, 7:26, 6:31. I didn't set out to do that, but I just had to run fast. I finished the week with a 9-miler that I ran at 7:37 average, and it didn't feel hard. Total of only 21 miles, but I take it.

Recovery week 4:

Mon: 7 GA

Tue: 5 R

Wed: Rest

Thu: 8 GA w/ 8x100

Fri: Rest

Sat: 10 GA

Total: 30 miles


No comments: