Monday, July 8

Week 1 is in the books. Not too easy, but I hope I can do this cycle. The Sunday 12-miler was fun with Flora. We did an 8:22/mile average, which sounds fast, but it didn't feel hard. The 87F temperature almost felt too cold, I'm so well acclimated. :)

All the evidence suggest that I may bet at 48-49 VDOT, or soon I'd be there. But I'll be super careful. Fitness is surely not there, and stamina is lacking, too. This is probably the result of the lack of workouts for years now.

Since I teach MSF this weekend, let's try to frontload this week. There are only four running days. This is the idea:

M: 8 GA + 6 x 10 hills + 8 x 100 strides. I'll probably skip the hills, because that would make this workout much harder, and Monday is supposed to be rest anyway.

T: Rest

W: 10 GA

T: 5 R

F: 13 w/ 8@M. I'll start this at 7:58 (45 VDOT) to be careful again. 13 miles will be hard anyway, especially with such condensed week, and the main goal is to develop endurance. I'll only speed up, if this feels too easy (doubtful).

No comments: