Monday, January 19

I have a rest day today, and one of the dilemmas I'm facing is about my normal daily routine. I ride my bicycle to work every day. This is my normal way of transportation, part of my work so to say. Public transportation is almost non-existent in my city, and we chose to own only one car, which my wife uses. I have a nice bicycle (Scott Speedster S60), so I can propel myself quite efficiently, but I still ride two times 5 miles every day.

I imagine. if I had a personal coach, and I asked him: "Is it OK to ride my bike for 10 miles on my rest day?", he would say no. I do feel a little sluggish after my 7 miles of running on the last two days, but what can I do? I have to get to work somehow. (OK, you got me, it is actually a national holiday today - I still go to work, because I have so much to do - but this question comes up on almost every rest day.)

So I just take it as easy as possible and ride as usual.

No comments: