Wednesday, March 11

Yesterday I did my longest interval training to date. 8 x 400 meters + jogging in between + warmup and cooldown: 7600 meters = 4.72 miles. Of course it's not the mileage that makes it difficult, but the 8 times 400 meters of sprints. This is my week of peak mileage. Today I'll run 4.5 miles, and this shouldn't be considered long, as on Saturday a 7-miler is on the plate. That's going to be another record breaker in distance.

I ordered a new pair of shoes yesterday. I went to THE local running store first. I'm saying "the", because this *village* I live in (the capitol of South Carolina) only has one running store. They had maybe 20 pairs of shoes altogether, and they had zero pairs of my size (8). At least the clerk in the store told me that I do have neutral feet and that my self-diagnosis about the style of running shoes I supposed to use was correct. So I went on-line and ordered a last year model Asics. I got a deal on it. I hope it will work fine.

No comments: