Monday, March 2

Maybe it's the 1 percent incline that I set on the treadmill last night, maybe it's the boredom that affects me negatively, or possibly the increased requirement of dull concentration to keep my speed constant, but I do find it harder to run on a treadmill than outside. It is sort of funny: I'm never out of breath, but my legs aren't feeling that strong. Maybe it is just a psychological response to the fact that I don't want to do it, so my body tries to convince me to stop.

My Saturday was great: I ran 6 miles first time in my life, and although I felt tired at the end, I didn't feel fatigued. I was upbeat and happy because of the accomplishment. I felt recovered by Sunday, when the freezing rain forced me to run 3.5 miles on the treadmill. So maybe my legs were tired due to insufficient recovery from Saturday? In any case. I did not enjoy my Sunday run at all.

I have a rest day today, then another hard week ahead, although the increase in difficulty is not as dramatic as it was for last week. I will add an extra 400 meters to the interval training tomorrow (that is 7x400 now), my midweek run goes up by a half mile to 4 miles (man, that used to be the distance of my *long* run), tempo will now be 1 mile @ 9mm, 3 miles @ 7:30, 1 mile at 9mm (5 miles total!), and Sunday will be 4 miles instead of 3.5. My long run will still be 6 miles. Piece of cake.

No comments: