Wednesday, October 28

Here is my usual weekly report. I'm up to 41 miles per week, with my long run being 18 miles (29 km). I got a little tired at the end, but it went fine. My pace fell to 9:30 min/mile, but I should be OK as long as it is at most 10:00 min/mile. 20 miles coming this weekend.

Speed workouts are great, though I really hate the many mandatory warmup/cooldown laps, because it is really boring (it's why I hate swimming in swimming pools). I ran 10 laps for warmup and 9 laps for cooldown yesterday. In between I ran 6x800 meters with 400 m recovery in between: my 800s were all below 3:30, which is promising, as I still kept myself to the required pace for a 3:30 marathon. Nevertheless, I don't think I'm capable of running 3:30, but at least I'm more and more confident that I can run 4 hours.

No comments: