Sunday, February 26

Long time no write...

So I didn't skip the run, and it went fine. My ankle did hurt, especially at the beginning, but you can't not run forever... So I ran uphill sprints at VO2 max, and those obviously hurt quite a bit. I did this in Iroquois Park, which has a big hill in the middle and a moderately steep paved road up to the top with no vehicular traffic allowed most of the time. The distance to the top is about 1 to 1.5 miles (depending where you start), so it is a perfect place for the "uphill spring, downhill jog" repetitions. Since you are always faster uphill than downhill, you slowly creep up the hill, but you still pass sometimes the same person multiple times up and down. This happened on Wednesday with a lady walking two small dogs, who, after seeing me like the third time, sprinting uphill with pain on my face, exclaimed with thick French accent: "WHY ARE YOU DOING ZIS??" I was too out of breath to respond... but isn't it funny?

On Thursday, my ankle was actually better, though it still hurt. On Friday I flew to Atlanta, worked all day, and it was just too intense for me to go for any in the evening/afternoon, let alone a 10-mile run. So I didn't run, but on Saturday and Sunday I made up for it by running 10 and 14 miles respectively. I still only finished 47.66 miles instead of the planned 56.

Crap! While writing this I realized that the long run was supposed to be 15 miles... Total disaster for the week then.

OK, maybe it was naive that with an aching ankle and a conference I can do my regular week. Replanning.... I guess I'll just cut the cutback week.

02/27: Week 8, 56 miles instead of 52. Do week 9's long runs, but week 8's LT workout (whatever it is, I'll have to look when I get home).
03/05: Week 7, 57 miles.
03/12: Week 6, 61 miles.
03/19: Week 5, 59 miles.
03/26: Week 4, 52 miles.
04/02: Week 3, 54 miles.
04/09: Week 2, 50 miles.
04/16: Week 1, 46 miles.
04/23: Race week, 37 miles.

No comments: