Tuesday, July 10

Today I ran a double. Pfitzinger says that when your recovery run reaches 8 miles, you can split in into two (morning and evening), and that gives better recovery. So I did just that. I do feel fresh now, even though I ran my evening run crazy fast, especially the end, but my legs felt great and I had to go to the bathroom. :)  Also, I'm totally puzzled that according to weather.com, I did my run 89 degrees, but I didn't feel hot at all. I even had my shirt on. That supports the notion that it's not the temperature that matters. When I run in the same air temperatures in late morning, the sun is out bright, the asphalt is hot, and the humidity is much higher than it was now, I think.

I finally bought a new pair of sunglasses today. My favorite brand of sports sunglasses: Foster Grant's Ironman sunglasses. They are perfect for running. This is my third pair. The first I lost at sea in Charleston, and I think the second pair broke, but I don't remember how...

No comments: