Saturday, October 13

Decent run today: a VO2 max run of 4 x 1600 meters with 800 meter recoveries. The splits were 6:10, 6:17, 6:12, 6:16 (goal pace was 6:16). The bad news is that is was fairly hard, and I made a visit to the paincave in the last interval (I was 2 seconds off of pace at 1200 m and I was already quite tired). It was 72 degrees and a bit windy, and I had to run around people and obstacles on the track because a bunch of mostly very overweight people organized a picnic/football game at the high school track. So the performance isn't so bad after all. No pain, no gain, right? Finished the week with the planned 58 miles.

Week of 10/14 (-2): Total 54 miles.

Long runs: 14 and 10 miles (glad to see these going down)

LT: 10K time trial plus warmup/cooldown: 9 miles total. This will be hard, but I do need it all.

Easy runs: 3 x 7 miles.

Ideally it would be easy on Sunday, 14 miles on Monday, 7 on Tuesday, 10 on Wednesday, 7 on Thursday, Rest on Friday, and the time trial on Saturday. I should introduce Friday as regular rest day, and longest runs early in the week, because race day is approaching fast.

No comments: