Monday, October 1

I do have the occasional good runs, the problem is mostly lack of miles in my training. Like today, I ran 13.88 miles in the 60 degree rains. It was literally raining from beginning to the end of the run. That is 1 hour 43 minutes running in the rain. But that pace is actually quite good: 7:25/mile, and it wasn't all that hard. In fact I feel better than after my (slower) 12-miler last week.

Does it suck to run in the rain? Not so much. There were really only two things for which I wished it didn't rain. Number one is that my hand-drawn map practically fell apart. I was seriously worried that I wouldn't find the (shortest) way back to start, and I really didn't want to make this run 15-16 miles, or walk in the rain for a mile or two. But at the end, holding it in my hands, it lasted just long enough. Number two was the terrible chaffing. Both nipples and my scrotum are sore (I know, TMI). My right nipple bled a nice red line into my white running shirt, and the end of the run was through the crowded campus. I wonder how many people noticed.

There is just no good solution for nipple chaffing. I still hope I can develop callouses. :)

No comments: