Friday, January 18

On the day of Lance Armstrong's confession, I finally had a nicer tempo. Not perfect, but on a teaching day, finishing in the dark, pretty cold weather (and started with breathing difficulties) I'll take it. I cut the warmup short to 1.57 miles, so I would be more fresh and I wouldn't have net elevation loss. That feels like cheating. So instead I had a 15 feet net gain (with a couple of 20-30 feet hills, but nothing too serious). The fast 4 miles were 6:29, 6:24, 6:25, 6:22. Average of 6:25.165. I only set out to run sub 6:30 (see the first mile), so maybe that's the secret. Or simply the slump is over. At least I ran another sub-20 5K somewhere in there. :)

7.1 easy tomorrow to finish up the 50-mile week. I have almost no pains! My very troublesome right ankle seem to have healed completely, my left hip was pain free today. The only issue I had was my stubborn left heel PF, but that's really minor. Well, maybe I'm speaking too soon. I will see what I'll have tomorrow.

Hard training start next week!

No comments: