Monday, June 23

The June 8th week had a few mishaps. First, my tempo was lousy. I ran the first block of 1.5 miles fine, but I died after 1/2 mile in the second block. It was a bit warm and I just ran around the block for technical reasons, or I'm just in bad shape. In any case. I gave all I had, but I still couldn't maintain a 6:30 pace, not even for twice 1.5 miles.

Then I was flying across the Atlantic on Thursday, arriving on Friday, and I got sick with a stomach bug, and I had fever on Saturday. I didn't run for several days, so I finished the week slightly short (some 47 miles), and I resumed training carefully in the second half of the June 15th week finishing that week with only about half of the required mileage, and no long run.

I'm trying to resume normal training this week. I already ran 14 miles yesterday. Here is the week's program.

Total: 57 miles.
Long runs: 14 miles and 11 miles.
LT: 2 x 1.5 miles of LT intervals, total of 8 miles. Try 6:30 again.
Easy: 8 miles each.

No comments: