Saturday, February 6

Outstanding first week of training. Frankly, it felt relatively easy, resting every other day. I feared the last day's marathon paced run, but it turned out better than I expected.

So I finished the week with 35 miles, as planned. The crux of the week was the last run: 13 miles w/ 8 @ marathon pace. I wasn't sure what to aim for, so I mostly ran it by feel, though I think I carried away a bit, and pushed just a bit too hard. The fast miles were 6:48, 6:59, 6:57, 6:53, 6:57, 6:43, 7:07, 6:46 for an average of 6:54.

Based on this, I'm thinking that I should train like I'm trying to run a 7 min/mile pace marathon, which is 3:04-3:05. Though in actuality, the lack of high mileage, and the presence of hills will probably make it more like the original 3:10.

Next week we will have some brutal cold, but as of today, we will have at least 20 F at some point on every day. That means, training is possible. Workouts are harder in low 20s, but possible.

Week -10: 39 miles.

Sun: Rest

Mon: 11 MLR

Tue: Rest

Wed: 8 w/ 4 @ LT

Thu: Rest

Fri: 5 R

Sat: 15 MLR

I will keep this schedule, but everything from Wednesday is in jeopardy. Maybe I'll try to run in the gym with a mask on.

No comments: