Tuesday, February 24

I had been very curious to find out what had been the longest run of my life. So I to mapmyrun.com, and put in my longest training routes that I used to do back in Hungary in high school. I had to realize that the longest run, which I used to think was 8 kilometers (5 miles) was actually only about 7.3 kilometers. Therefore now I can officially claim that I broke my record of longest run last Saturday by running 5 miles. It was comfortable pace and it took me 43:52. I also had my most weekly miles last week with 18.1 miles. I feel great, no pains, injury free. I think I'm on the right track.

I missed the early registration deadline for the 5K in Columbia (March for Meals). (Whoever decided that it would be on February 15?) This helped me to decide not to run that race. I also should have mixed up my training schedule quite a bit, because I have long runs on Saturdays. I can't do a race instead of a long run, so probably I should have put my long run to the middle of that week, and do the race in place of my tempo run. Anyway, it's done now, I'm not running the race. However, I will run the Greenway Challenge 10K on April 4, in Black Mountain, North Carolina. I will just have to remember to register by March 18. I haven't run 10 kilometers ever in my life before, so I will wait with the (early) registration until the last moment. Who knows what might happen.

No comments: