Wednesday, February 11

I'm back to regular training now. Yesterday I ran 4x400 intervals with 1:40-1:45 goal time, because I read that of you want to increase your VO2 max, it is not a good idea to run above your max. In fact Hal Higdon says to run your sprints at your 5K pace when you prepare for a 10K. I decided I won't take it THAT easy. Anyway, it was much less unpleasant this way. I almost sort of enjoyed it.

What I really enjoy are my long runs. I can't wait to run 5 miles (the weekend after the next): that is the longest distance I've ever run in my life, and I did it (somewhat regularly) about 17 years ago. Then, the week after that, I will run 6 miles, which will be a record for me, and hardly shorter than 10K. By the end of March, I'll be running 8 miles. Then a short recovery after my 10K race, and I can start to prepare for the marathon.

BTW, I almost surely will skip the Cooper River Bridge run. I found a race just a bit farther in North Carolina, which supposed to be small and beautiful. And it starts in the afternoon, so I wouldn't have to get up at the crack of the dawn or sleep in hotel.

No comments: