Thursday, February 19

I swear, I ran easily, slowly; I followed a 9-minute-par-mile pace last night, and still, at about 2 miles into the 3.5 mile run, I was attacked by the evil side stitches. I used to make theories about why they appear. I run too fast. My breathing pattern is irregular. I eat/drink too much before I run. Nothing seems to matter. These nasty side stitches come to me completely unpredictably. Then, if they are not too bad, I can run through the pain, and they go away after a half of a mile, or so. Last night I tried to run faster to get rid of them (after all, I had been slow, so I though I would just change something), but it didn't affect the pain at all. It didn't help, but it didn't make it worse either. But sure enough, after another 1/2 mile, I was OK.

The weather has been really nice lately, so now it's more fun to run outside. Especially last night; I ran between two light showers, and I love the smell of the air between periods of rain.

No comments: