Thursday, February 26

I had a terrible run yesterday. Wednesday will supposedly be my sort-a-long run, but as of now, it is just 3.5 miles. But yesterday... I was tired by the time I finished warming up. Perhaps I should have just skipped this run, but when the image of my running log appeared to me, showing a decrease in mileage from last week, I just had to go. I had wandering pains here and there, I was sluggish and slow (I couldn't even do 9 minute miles on average), but I decided not to speed up, because the situation resembled too much of a background story of a terrible injury. Besides, the effort level of this run was about the same as my 8:30-or-so long run a few days ago.

Today I'm supposed to do a tempo run with 1 mile at 9:00mm, 2.5 at 7:30 and 1 mile at 9:00. I am terrified in advance, as it seems so much harder than yesterday, and I'm not sure why I should feel better. After all, I only have 24 hours to recover. I am looking forward my rest day tomorrow. (And let me not think about the 6 miles on Saturday.)

No comments: