Monday, May 5

I ran 11.5 miles today in 88 F sunny weather. I usually have this "first really hot day of the year when I want to run something hard" that is bound to happen about once a year and ends very miserably, sometimes downright dangerously. At least it wasn't dangerous today. Also, I ran my Iroquois Park trail circle, which means there was some water on the course. Good thing. I did not bring any water myself.

I didn't really want to do such a long run, but I just love that trail, and got carried away. Of course at mile 4 at my second water break I still felt great. Really, the "only" problem was dehydration that didn't hit me hard until mile 8. And I did find more water (in bathroom of a car mechanic) at mile 9, but it was a bit too late by then.

Note to log: I ran in my Altras today, and in my Inox-8's yesterday.

No comments: