Friday, January 30

LT workout today: 4800 meters threshold pace, 4 x 200, and then 3200 meters LT pace again. Nailed the paces, as usual. It felt rather easy actually. I seem to do well in LT workouts. I was born to run long distances.

I kind of zoned out during warmup and cooldown, and as a result, I ran them at 7:31/7:32 pace. The whole workout average was 6:57/mile, though it included some waiting before and after the track portion. But not much; I just reset my watch and used the bathroom after the workout.

I'm essentially done for the week. 7.3 easy miles tomorrow to finish it. And on the evening of my hard day, I don't feel exhausted.

The only things I *don't* do from the training plan are strides, and back-to-back workouts. I don't like strides, and my schedule won't let me do back-to-back workouts. But I hope I'm still doing fine.

Sun: 15 L
Mon: 8.2 E
Tue: Rest
Wed: 2 E + 8 x 3 min H w/2 min jg + 3 E = 10.5 miles or so
Thu: 2 E + 6 x 1 T w/1 min rests + 4 x 200 R w/200 jg + 1 E = 10 miles
Fri: 8.2 E
Sat: 8.2 E

We may play around with the exact days of the workouts. and they won't have to be back-to-back.

No comments: