Wednesday, February 18

Weather wrecked havoc on my training this week after the skipped run on Sunday. We got a foot of snow on Monday (life stopped in Louisville), and it was very cold, so I decided to slack out and skip the run. (Even the campus gym was closed.) Then Tuesday, honest to god, I did attempt to run, but it didn't work in the snow.

So come, Wednesday, the roads are still unusable, I went to the gym, and bit the bullet: ran 7 x 3 min intervals on the treadmill. It wasn't too hard. So tomorrow, in the very likely event that the roads are still bad, I'll do my other quality workout in the gym: threshold run this time. I'll probably skip the 4 x 200, because that sounds like a recipe for getting thrown off the back of the treadmill.

By the weather forecast freezing remains until Saturday, so I might need to do two more days on the mill. But it's not as bad as I remembered.

No comments: