Sunday, May 14

Two threshold workouts later I can pretty well determine that my VDOT is slightly under 54. I decided that I'll try to Daniels' Gold Plan until the 18 week training starts. It will be probably quite hard, if not impossible - but hey it won't hurt to try, and maybe I can have some fun after so many weeks of just easy running. Tomorrow I'll have finished the first week of it.

Including this week, I'll have 8 weeks of training before systematic marathon training starts. That means 3 weeks in Phase I, 2 weeks in Phase II, and 3 weeks in Phase IV. Due to the fixed rest days on Tuesdays, This is how the Phase I weeks should look like:

M: 60 min E (1 or 2 runs) + 6 ST
T: Rest
W: 20 min E + 6 ST + 20 min T + 6 ST + 10 min E
T: 60 min E
F: 120 min L
S: 75 min E (1 or 2 runs)
S: 20 min E + 10 x 400 R w/400 jg + 10 min E

T pace is 6:30/mile, R pace is 83 s for 400 m. Strides are light, quick 20 second runs with 60 seconds of rest.

No comments: