Thursday, April 21

Today I did 5x1000 meters. Essentially the same workout as two weeks ago, except the intervals were supposed to be faster: 3:56. My splits were perfect: 3:54, 3:53, 3:55, 3:55, 3:55. The weather was quite nice, 62 F and sunny, although just slightly warmer than ideal, but it didn't seem to inluence my prformance too much. It was a bit harder than 2 weeks ago, but not terrible. I ran my cooldown (3000 meters) at 8:01 min/mile pace (with no rest between the last interval and the cooldown!), which shows that I was not completely exhausted.

It was fun to watch some high school kids training just as I finished my run. They were running 600s quite a bit faster than I could (like in ~2:00). I mean I could certainly run 600 meters in 2 minutes, but not many of them.

I plan to run 7 miles tomorrow morning, then we travel to NC (Easter camp), where I will do a 10-miler probably Sunday early morning.

No comments: