Sunday, April 17

The week has been succesfully completed with ~44 miles. I feel a little beat up, especially today, which was my easiest (shortest, slowest) run of the week after my rest day. It is totally counterintuitive that I should feel beat up after a run like this, but in fact this seems fairly typical for me. The easy run after the rest day is in fact the hardest. But I'm more or less OK. Some mild PF, shin splints, knee issues, but nothing out of ordinary. (Am I ruining my body? Possibly. I don't care. I run while I'm somewhat young and somewhat fast. I won't have much use of healthy joints at 80 when I'm dying of cancer, or something like that.)

Next week is back to 47 miles. That is week -7 of the plan. In essence it is a repetition of week -9 with slightly faster intervals. It looks like the following:

Long runs: 8 and 10 miles.
Track: 3200 m warm-up, 5 x 1000 m fast at 3:56 (1:34.5/lap) with 400 m recoveries (make sure to take at least 1:58), then 3000 m cool-down. Altogether 8 miles.
Easy runs: 3 times 7 miles.

We'll see how the intervals will go with the possibility of higher temperatures. For Tuesday, the high temperature is expected to be 82 F. That would be *very* different from the 54 two weeks ago. Also, last November, I botched a workout easier than this, and it started a 6-week hiatus... so I'm somewhat worried.

No comments: