Friday, December 19

I did my second hard workout (oh my #2 below) today instead of Saturday, because I felt good, and sun was out. Though it was cold, it is always better for me work out in the sun during winter - somehow it works for me psychologically. Also, I knew that if I did the workout on Saturday, it would be unlikely that I could do a long run on Sunday, which is actually quite desirable considering the approaching Christmas week.

Anyway, I nailed my paces, and the workout didn't even feel very hard. I constantly had to hold myself back. Probably the best part was a 4800 meter tempo in the middle, which I did in 18:57. This was after 4 x 200 repeats, and before two more tempo intervals and 4 x 200 repetitions!  That would have been a 19:44 5K, and it felt truly easy. In fact I cruised the last lap telling myself that there are more intervals ahead.

With this in hand it's a bit of a puzzle why I couldn't run faster than 19 minutes in my clinical trial TTs. That was all out effort. Maybe the circumstances did work against me big time.

Only 7.13 easy tomorrow and another 60-mile week with three quality workouts is finished.

No comments: