Sunday, March 8

I finished the week quite well. Recall that I ran my long run on Saturday, instead of Sunday, but I decided to still aim for 60 miles on the Sunday-to-Saturday week without the long run. My Monday time trial was canceled, due to ice, and it was shifted to Wednesday, when it was canceled again, because the weather was exactly as predicted (don't ask): 37 F and rain. It's all good except that I did show up at the lab at 5:00am.

I did easy runs on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, then 7 x 3 min on Wednesday afternoon. By the time I ran it was snowing hard, and I barely managed to finish the workout.

It was snowing all night, and we had cold and snow on Thursday. I managed to squeeze out an easy run, but I had another quality (2 x 3 T) coming up on Friday. I found a friendly gym for that, and they let me work out for free for the first time, even though I admitted that I'm unlikely to sign up.

This workout (2E + 3T + 4x200 + 3T + 2E) is really hard, though it felt fine at the time. In any case, Saturday 7 easy didn't feel quite so easy, and I still feel beat up on Sunday. It may be due to the week and a half without rest day though. I do have a marathon paced run today. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: